Let’s see if numbing cream can ease relentless scabies itch.
Image Credits: Pinterest.com
Scabies is a contagious disease that is characterized by the signs like blisters, lesions and tiny borrows over the skin. However, it is an itch that makes the disease even horrible.
Scabies itch is so disturbing that it affects your routine life and may cause embarrassment in social setting. But it turns even worse at night, troubling your sleep. You can’t help but scratch your itchy skin which makes scabies even complicated.
Luckily, there is a range of OTC medications for scabies itch. However, if you are looking for an instant relief, for example before your public appearance or in event like meeting, scabies medication may disappoint you due to their slow course of action.
Can Numbing Cream Give You Instant Relief from Scabies Itch?
Numbing cream is a topical anesthetic that dulls the skin. Or you can say that it desensitizes the skin by dulling the pain receptors for an hour or two. Generally, it is used for dulling the pain occurring during tattooing, piercing, and minor surgical incision.
Can it relieve scabies itch?
Although numbing cream is not medically recommended for scabies, it can work. This is because it desensitizes the skin so that you don’t feel itching or sensation.
Numbing cream just gives you relief from scabies itch. It won’t cure your scabies. So you should seek medical assistance for a complete treatment.
HOW TO USE NUMBING CREAM FOR SCABIES ITCH?
- Wash and dry the affected area before using the cream.
- Apply a thin layer of a numbing cream (or as directed by physician).
- If you are using an anesthetic spray, shake it well. Spray it from an ideal distance of 3-5 inches. For a itching on the face, spray the medication onto your hand and then apply to the face. Avoid spraying near your eyes, mouth or nose.
- Keep the affected area open. Don’t cover it with bandages or dressing as it may cause side effects.
- Wash your hands immediately with warm water and antibacterial soap.
- If numbing cream gets into your eyes, mouth or nose accidently, rinse the area immediately with clean water.
Precautions to Keep in Mind While Using Numbing Cream for Scabies Itch:
- Avoid using numbing cream if you are allergic to lidocaine or other numbing agents.
- Consult your doctor if you are allergic to foods, animals, preservatives or dyes.
- Don’t use the cream if you have health conditions associated with heart, liver and kidney.
- Talk to your doctorif the cream interacts with your medications including your scabies medications and drugs you are taking for other diseases
- Avoid using numbing cream on broken skin like lesion and wound.
- See your physician if itching persists for long.
Why Choose NumbSkin Numbing Cream for Scabies Itch?
There is plethora of numbing cream brands to choose from. Make sure to pick the one which is safe and certified. Some numbing creams are not that effective as due to their mild effect. Make sure to pick the cream with strong formulation.
Here comes NumbSkin! NumbSkin numbing cream contains 5% lidocaine and keeps the skin dull for couple of hours, meaning that the relief will be on for longer with this cream. It is certified by both FDA and Health Canada.