Your facial features like smile and eyes are the first things that people notice when they meet you. However, few of us know that even eyebrows are noticed during a conversation – as brows are important in highlighting one of the most favorable features. Maybe that’s why women, as well as men, keep their eyebrows well groomed.
Image Credits: Pinterest.com
In the past decade, eyebrows have become an obsession among celebrities, athletes, and other public figures. Not just celebrities, even commoners like us are also very particular about how our eyebrows must look.
So, for those who are not really happy with the shape of their brows or who wish to change the look of their brows, microblading procedure has become bliss.
What is microblading?
Microblading is a technique in which a pigment is deposited into the skin underneath the eyebrows. This is done to enhance the look of brows, and this procedure has literally taken the nation by storm over the past few years. All thanks to this procedure you don’t have to waste your time working on your brows every morning. Your brows will look chic even when you wake up in the morning, so no efforts are required to redo them before stepping out of the house every time.
But before deciding to go for this procedure, you must know some important facts about microblading:
1. Face shape: The eyebrows are done according to the shape of your face. Your technician is going to analyze your facial features and determine what eyebrow shape suits you the best. There are many different options to choose from, so it is important to make the right decision.
2. How does it feel? This procedure is relatively painless, if you get it done by applying a topical anesthetic. A little discomfort is common, but if you’re feeling very unease – do tell your technician about it.
3. It is not permanent: One thing that you must know is that this procedure is not permanent. Microblading usually lasts from one to three years, depending on how you take care of your brows and visit the technician for in-between touch-up sessions.
4. Touch-ups are key: You must be knowing that things last longer with regular maintenance. Even your brows need regular maintenance and touch-ups from time to time. After your first session, you can schedule your next session within next four to six weeks. Later, you can follow up with the touch-up sessions as directed by your technician.
5. It will face, but don’t be scared: All good things don’t last forever and even your microbladed eyebrows will fade after some time – maybe after a year or two. It depends on your aftercare, skin type, age and skin’s pigment retention level. But the good thing is that you can always get it redone and reshaped as per the latest trend.
6. It is not a traditional tattoo: As the needles during microblading don’t pierce too deep into the skin, so it’s nothing like your traditional tattoo. Moreover, it is not a permanent tattoo and it lasts only for a few years and can be redone and reshaped, unlike traditional tattoos.
7. It’s not cheap: To get the best brows, you need to shell out a hefty amount of cash. Depending on specialist and clinic, your microblading procedures cost around $500 to $1000 or $1500. Moreover, you also need to spend money on secondary touchups sessions.