All body parts of human body are house to hairs except palms of our hands and soles of our feet. The major home of hairs is a human head. Hairs glorify the beauty of a person, thereby injecting confidence in them.
A protein named keratin produced in hair follicles is responsible for the formation of hair. The average adult head has about 100,000 to 150,000 hairs and loses up to 100 of them a day, so if you find some hairs stuck in your hairbrush, don’t be panicked as it is very common. However, if the rate of loss is double, it is definitely an alarming sign.
Alopecia is the technical term used for hair loss anywhere in the body. Like a thief, alopecia comes in the night and steals your hair, leaving you in the shocking condition in morning. You follow hundreds of prescriptions but the end result is more hair fall.
When nature has gifted us some natural remedies to treat the problem of hair fall, then what is the need to use costly medications with adverse side-effects.
- Coconut Milk
Vitamin E and fats residing in coconut milk helps to moisturize your hair and keep it healthy. Milk, being rich in potassium helps in boosting hair growth. Coconut milk, when used wisely, can strengthen your hair right from the root through the shaft of the tip. The anti-bacterial properties of it protect the hair from damage.
- Grate a medium sized coconut.
- Simmer it in a pan for 5 minutes approximately.
- Strain and cool.
- In the milk, add one tbsp of crushed black pepper and fenugreek seeds.
- Apply the mixture on the scalp and hair.
- Let it remain there for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with a shampoo.
- Green Tea
Green tea is a rich source of anti-oxidants which is known to stimulate the hair follicles, thereby boosting the hair production. Green tea is also famous for increasing the metabolism of a body, which will eventually lead to an increase in the rate of hair growth. You are advised to used green tea as an after-shower conditioner.
- In 1-2 cups of hot water, soak 2-3 teabags, depending upon the length of your hair.
- When the mixture comes back to normal temperature, pour this over your scalp.
- Keep on massaging your head gently.
- Rinse it with cool water after an hour.
- Repeat this remedy for twice a week for effective results.
- Onion Juice
The anti-bacterial property of onions helps to fight against scalp infections, eliminating the bacteria. Moreover, the sulfur content present in onion improves the circulation of blood to the hair follicles, thereby treating the infected hair follicles.
- Grate the onion and extract the juice out of it.
- Dip the cotton ball in the juice and apply it directly on to the scalp.
- Ensure that the hair strands are covered from root to the tip.
- Let it remain there for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse it with cold water using a shampoo.
- Use this remedy once in a week for desired results.
Potatoes apart from being the king of all vegetable can also help to reduce the hair fall as they are rich in potassium, vitamin C and iron which are vital for maintaining a good health of hair. Moreover, a body deficit of potassium can lead to hair loss.
- After washing the potato, peel its skin.
- Cut it down into small pieces.
- Put them in a blender to get the paste.
- Add some water to it if you think paste is too thick.
- Further, strain the paste using a cloth to obtain a potato juice.
- Add 1 tbsp of honey and water to juice,
- Apply the mixture to your scalp and hair.
- Let it be there for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Follow the process once a week for effective results.
Although there are many other methods to get rid of hair fall, like dermarolling, it is advised to give natural remedies a chance and then switch to some other treatments to get away with hairfall.